The Greater Irvine Chamber of Commerce of Orange County, California, helps UK and European companies enter and set-up in the thriving Southern California Life Science and Tech ecosystem.
In collaboration with the Association of British Healthtech Industries (ABHI), OneNucleus, TechUK, the Department of International Trade (DIT), and they Mayor of London International Business Programme, a delegation of Irvine experts will be in the UK during the week of February 17th to meet with firms interested in setting up and raising funds in California.
The Greater Irvine Chamber has previously hosted missions to the UK in 2019, 2018 and 2017, complemented by bringing UK companies to Orange County for its Life Sciences Showcase in 2019 and 2018. In just the past year, firms such as Forte Medical and oneclick have announced their expansions into Irvine.
Want to know more?
Register HERE to set up a meeting to learn more about Irvine and see how the Chamber could help with your expansion plans.
During your meeting we will discuss:
- Support services in setting up your subsidiary, including free temporary office space and administration support
- Funding opportunities for companies that decide to set-up in Orange County through accelerator programs and Angel/VC networks
- Market opportunities with the wide Life Science CEO network of the Chamber
- R&D collaboration with Universities, companies and local life science organizations
Experts on the day:
- Leigh Volkland, Edwards Lifesciences
- Carlos Oregon, Thinkbox Technology Group
- Sesha Neervannan, Allergan
- Linda DiMario & Jessica Yip, Greater Irvinne Chamber of Commerce
- Lynn Stewart, California State University, Fullerton
- (TBC), Department for International Trade (DIT), International Trade Advisor
Sectors of interest:
Biotech, Medtech, Digital Health, Pharma or any Technology related to Healthcare and Life Sciences.
Places are limited, please REGISTER interest as soon as possible and a member of our team will call you to confirm your meeting time.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with the Greater Irvine Chamber’s representatives in the UK:
Senior Consultant at OCO Global
t: +44 20 7822 0711
Life Sciences in California:
The Life Sciences sector is a major industry in the State, home to innovators including companies, laboratories and academic research institute – employing 281,000 people in 2,848 companies and generating $130bn annual revenue. The State’s firms have excellent access to capital with 60% of the $62bn venture capital in Life Sciences nationwide going to California based companies – the Irvine Chamber has a network of partners in Venture Capital, Angel Networks and the banking community ready to work with you.
Life Sciences in Irvine:
Irvine and Orange Country initially became a hotbed for the Life Science industry initially in the 1950’s. Today, it has 1,100 Life Science companies, employing more than 43,000 persons generating $35.3bn annually. Irvine hosts major corporates such as Allergan and Edwards Lifesciences, alongside top universities like the University of California Irvine. Irvine has an innovative start-up ecosystem, with launch pads such as OCTANE , connecting medical innovators to investors, all with a cost of business nearly 50% less than Silicon Valley.