Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The jobholder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role
Strategic global markets insights to facilitate international growth and expansion.
OCO Global’s Solutions division supports our clients with market and business intelligence for global trade and investment, combining a data-driven approach with first-hand insights.
Operating at the intersection of business and government, we bring clarity, transparency and intuition to industry-specific trade and investment environments in a rapidly changing and complex geopolitical landscape.
With foundations in local market and direct research and analysis, our multi-lingual teams also incorporate the latest in business intelligence technology bringing a complete approach to international growth, supporting our clients to execute market expansion with on-the-ground business development and digital marketing services.
As a core local partner and extension to your team, we take a hands-on approach to identify business opportunities, access new customers and develop strategic partnerships that lead to tangible results and growing revenues.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management and direction of the Middel East Director, the role will involve:
Delivering great work for our clients through high quality work, and research and analysis:
- Successfully manage delivery and commercials across a portfolio of assignments
- Proactively manage assignment risk, dealing effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations
- Use analytical, hypothesis-driven thinking to form and shape solutions to unstructured client problems
Winning profitable work for the company through customer focus and commercial awareness:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining great client relationships by building trust, confidence and respect through effective client engagement
- Clear understanding of client requirements, with ability to remove any ambiguity and adapt deliverables
- Primary adviser for complex client issues, providing innovative solutions with positive outcomes
- Responsible for the project plans for the Division in market, ensuring the allocation of financial and people resources are in line with objectives and budget
- Lead negotiations and manage 3rd party supplier contracts
- Proactively seek, recognise and evaluate business opportunities
- Utilise existing client relationships to upsell and cross sell OCO’s other services
- Assesses external environment for changes that may impact on the business or clients
- Own and deliver sales target
Improve your knowledge and skills through effective communication, planning and organisation:
- Provide clear direction to the team, explain the Division’s in Market deliverables and how they are aligned to the overall business objectives
- Responsible for managing time between project delivery and effective business development
- Responsible for managing resource allocation for the Division in Market, anticipating and communicating changing requirements
- Continually review the Divisions in market performance against targets
Supporting your colleagues by leading, working as part of a global team and being flexible:
- Actively contribute to developing and adapting business and operational practices within the Division and Market
- Respond promptly to changing situations and adjust objectives and resources to ensure positive outcomes and continuous service
- Recognise and interpret signs of things going wrong taking prompt action to resolve and where appropriate include learnings into future plans
- Responsible for managing and planning the team’s work considering both the client and business needs, addressing any gaps in delivery
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business Studies, Economic, international Relations or similar (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required) And
- Demonstrate 10 years’ experience of commercial & business development experience, or project management / consulting experience
- Experience in and/or knowledge of the Middle East & India regions, including the GCC
- A demonstrable track record writing tenders and of pro-active business development
- Strong local professional network in both public & private sectors
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Proven experience of relationship management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and management skills
- Experience line managing staff
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self starter and motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Proficiency in Arabic is highly desirable
- Proficiency in other languages is desirable but not required
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 26th November 2023.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer