Purpose of role
The successful candidate will assist with Mintel’s team of Irish writers to research and prepare its annual publication of consumer market research across the FMCG, Finance, Leisure/Tourism and Technology sectors using a wide range of both internal and external research sources.
Furthermore, the successful will be required to aid in sales and marketing activities to increase brand awareness of Mintel, as well as updating client subscribers, and responding to their inquiries/ requests.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Analysing data – formatting and compiling consumer research data for a variety of reports, highlight key trends in consumer analysis.
- Performing secondary/desk research on behalf of analysts to gather relevant information for use in reports and projects.
- Assisting the analyst team in low-level report writing duties and using Mintel’s databases to aid in trend analysis.
- Using Mintel’s GNPD database to provide data and analysis on new products. (training provided)
- Helping to prepare research surveys and working with the analyst team to interpret results.
- Responding to inbound client queries relating to Mintel products and research.
- Ad-hoc research/ analysis support.
- Providing sales support.
- Third level degree in Business or economics, preferably with emphasis on research and marketing
- Have excellent research skills, being able to find information for a wide variety of markets.
- Have strong numeracy and literacy skills.
- Be competent in working with spreadsheets and market data.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Have working knowledge of MS Office.
- Strong working knowledge of spreadsheet and database software such as Microsoft Excel.
- An active knowledge and interest in current events, market developments and developing marketing trends.
- Strong knowledge of secondary data sources, such as government data sources.
- Some working knowledge of database software such as SPSS
- Some prior experience in secondary/desk research.
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the monitoring form and send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 18th February 2021.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer