At OCO Global www.ocoglobal.com we’ve been providing economic development solutions for over 20 years to leading organisations such as the UK Department for International Trade and Investment (DIT), Enterprise Florida, JobsOhio, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, Business France, UNCTAD, IEDC and WAIPA.
We’ve also worked with leading consulting firms such as PwC and EY in support of delivery and many private sector companies that we have supported on their internationalization journey.
With headquarters in Belfast and offices in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Dubai, Shanghai and Tokyo, we employ a multinational and multilingual staff of over 100 full time consultants specializing in Trade and Investment.
OCO Global (Middle East) represents several different government entities across the globe in several Middle Eastern markets. With Expo set to kick off in a couple of months, we have been contracted by various Economic Development Organisations (EDOs) to support high-level trade delegations that will be arriving in Dubai. These trade delegations need support in setting up B2B meetings that will eventually result in not only winning major export wins but also strengthening bilateral relations with the UAE and the wider region for these countries.
OCO Global (Middle East) would love to work with the right candidate who wants to strengthen their understanding of the business landscape in the UAE. Through this opportunity you are able to see up close how various countries develop and implement their export strategy by creating bespoke programmes to boost their economy.
We are looking for someone:
- With a dynamic, energetic intern who has a keen interest in international
- Eager to learn and work on various projects in the
- Is willing to work closely with the team to conduct research, capture data and turn them into information relevant to the
- Who is comfortable with cold calling
- Has good presentation skills; must feel comfortable in front of a business audience
- Enjoys working in a hands-on, start-up environment
- That can build and nurture relationships across multiple networks
- Who is comfortable working in a fast-growing business where the business environment is dynamic and subject to rapid change
- Who has strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organisational
- With Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Italian would be an added advantage.
- Who is a great team player
Requirements and qualifications:
- Work collaboratively with OCO Global to facilitate effective implementation of key operational activities by organizing, gathering and analysing information for a variety of trade shows and events
- Assist and facilitate project management and business development activities, incl. support in preparation of agendas for B2B sessions
- Support in the planning and hosting of international delegations during trade shows including Expo 2020 Dubai event
- Support OCO team with ad hoc tasks related to day-to-day operations during events as well as on-site event support
- A final year undergraduate student or a final year post graduate student majoring in Business Management Studies/ International Trade
- Proficient in MS Office
Benefits of the internship:
- Paid Internship – AED 1500 per month along with Certificate of Internship upon completion of the term will be provided.
Schedule and duration:
- Start Date: 12th September 2021
- Duration: 6 months, Sunday to Thursday, 20 hours per week.
Please send a cover letter, in which you explain why you are interested in this internship and how you meet the requirements, accompanied by a CV to Vineetha.firstname.lastname@example.org and Nitin.email@example.com