Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
Our Ireland office currently has a vacancy for an Economic Analyst who will support the OCO Ireland team with a myriad of projects ranging from trade enquiries for US companies seeking expansion to Europe to projects supporting entrepreneurship, business growth and internationalisation of Irish companies. The jobholder will also support business development efforts through co-ordination and submission of tender documents. The purpose of this role is to work with economic development organisations and private companies to help them grow.
This is primarily a market research led role.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Providing market entry research reports for clients
- Compiling key economic datapoints and associated economic analysis on the Irish market including but not limited to factors including foreign direct investment trends, cluster analysis, export intensity / propensity and other enterprise data as required
- Outreach to companies via telephone and email to gauge interest and qualification of this interest
- Setting of meetings with and for companies who are growing internationally
- Supporting Project Managers with the development of place orientated strategies and marketing programmes through collation of relevant data
- Arranging calls and client liaison on behalf of Project Managers
- Maintaining company databases and CRM tools with outreach information
- Supporting the team with proposal development, particularly in relation to administrative elements
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics, Geography (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required)
- Previous experience in similar role
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and set targets
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Up to date knowledge of and ability to locate key sources of information
- Ability to process large volumes of data
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience of telephone outreach with successful outcomes
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven ability to work on own initiative with little direction from Manager
- Willingness to take on more responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and identify creative solutions to challenges
- Understanding of market entry processes
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 7th January 2022.