Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
Purpose of role
OCO’s Head Office in Belfast is looking to add to its Finance team with the appointment of a recently qualified Accountant, due to continued business expansion. The successful candidate will report to the Finance Director and will be expected to assist with both the day to day finance operations of the group and also provide support in the preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts, effectively freeing up time for the Finance Director for more strategic tasks. They will be expected to work effectively and collaboratively with both an existing finance manager in Belfast and with various admin and accounting parties in OCO’s overseas offices.
OCO will be undergoing a first year group audit and also an expected global ERP implementation by March 2022. The role therefore requires a self-starter who can quickly find their feet, has considerable adaptability and a willingness to pitch in as part of a close-knit team.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Preparation and posting of accruals/prepayments, debtors, creditors, cash/ bank, and other month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Preparation of monthly consolidated management accounts
- Reconciliation of intercompany balances and transactions
- Assistance in the preparation of books and files for audit and declaration of VAT and payroll taxes, and compliance with payment deadlines, both in the UK and in overseas offices
- Accounts Receivable
- Accounts Payable
- Provide guidance and training to all managers and staff on all procedures to ensure strict adherence to financial controls.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental/company procedures and highlighting issues if necessary.
- Supporting year end accounting processes and audit preparation
- Provide ad hoc support as required to the Finance Director
- Assistance in the implementation of a group-wide ERP solution
- Any other duties as required
- The successful candidate will be a recently qualified accountant,
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification
- Financial and tax accounting knowledge/experience
- Experience with financial systems
- Experience of preparing monthly accounts
- Excellent planning, and organisational skills
- Excellent excel skills
- Ideally come from a commercial environment
- Have a proactive approach to work
- Able to work autonomously and as part of a small team
- The ability to solve complex problems
- Confident and effective communicator
- Ability to build trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience of ERP systems and/or systems implementation
- Experience of working with international offices
- Experience of consolidation
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd August 2021.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer