Purpose of the role
OCO Global is a leading authority on foreign investment and offers a range of economic development services, products and unique company assessment tools. At OCO we’ve been providing economic development solutions for over 20 years to leading organisations such as the UK DIT, Enterprise Florida, JobsOhio, JETRO, Invest HongKong, Business France, UNCTAD, IEDC and WAIPA. With headquarters in Belfast and offices in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Dubai, Shanghai and Tokyo, we employ a multinational and multilingual staff of over 120 full time consultants specializing in Trade and Investment.
OCO Germany currently has an opening for a (Junior) Project Manager role based in Frankfurt a.M.. The successful candidate will work within OCO’s Lead Generation and Trade Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects. The purpose of this role is to assist economic development organizations (EDOs) who are seeking to attract companies in different key sectors into their region and companies who are looking to export products into new markets.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a number of client contracts (mainly representation and lead generation contracts for Chinese locations and EDOs)
- Identifying and contacting companies from different geographies (Europe) who are planning cross-border investment into Asia and China in particular to discuss expansion strategies
- Strong collaboration with the OCO China team based in Shanghai
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Support trade requests by Asian companies for Europe market assessment, agent and distribution partner searches, and customer identification as well as consulting projects in FDI and Trade
- Attendance of relevant industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of relevant intermediaries and multipliers
- Lead on day-to-day client communication and develop relationship to potentially grow the account
- Ensure accurate reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Contribution to thought leadership (e.g. through conducting inward investment trends analysis)
- Any other duties as required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Master’s Degree or above in Economics, Business Administration, Economic Geography, International Relations, China Business & Economics, China Studies, Sinology or similar
- 1-2 years of experience in economic development and/or international business development
- Strong understanding of international economics (China), foreign direct investment and trade
- Proven experience in project management, lead generation and outreach and achieving/exceeding targets
- Excellent communication and networking skills, both written and verbal
- Fluent in German and English both written and spoken, ideally (but not necessarily) Chinese/Mandarin
- Displays initiative in taking greater responsibility without being asked
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and suitability for the role in German or English to email@example.com by 30th July 2021.
Tel: +49 (0) 69 244 04 25 25