Purpose of role
OCO’s Shanghai office currently has an opening for an experienced Project Manager. The successful candidate will work within OCO’s Lead Generation and Trade Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects. The purpose of this role is to assist economic development agencies who are seeking to attract companies in different key sectors into their region and companies who are looking to export products into new markets. The role will also involve working with OCO’s private sector clients to support their international expansion strategies.
The successful candidate will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a number of client contracts (mainly representation and lead generation contracts)
- Identifying and contacting companies from different geographies (mainly China and Europe) who are planning cross-border investment to discuss expansion strategies.
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Support trade requests for Europe for market assessment, agent and distribution partner searches, and customer identification as well as consulting projects in FDI and Trade
- Attendance of relevant industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of relevant intermediaries and multipliers
- Lead on day-to-day client communication and develop relationship to potentially grow the account
- Ensure accurate reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Contribution to thought leadership (e.g. through conducting inward investment trends analysis)
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- 2 years of experience in economic development and/or international business development
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in Lead Generation and outreach
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets
- Excellent networking skills
- Strong understanding of international economics, foreign direct investment and trade
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent research and analytical skills, ability to locate key sources of information
- Displays initiative in taking greater responsibility without being asked
- Fluent in Chinese and English both written and spoken
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Customer focus:
- Commercial awareness
- Analysis and Research:
- Quality of Work:
- Planning & Organisation:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th June 2021.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer