OCO’s Berlin office has an opening for a Junior Consultant to working within the Consulting Services team. The successful candidate will be expected to support the wider OCO Consulting team in the successful delivery of the highest quality consulting services to our clients. Our strategic consulting support serves both public sector clients and private companies. The key services offered are benchmarking, competitive positioning and optimising operations for Economic Development Organisations as well as developing go-to-market strategies for international corporations. Sometimes the work will be in the form of set deliverables but in other cases will involve working alongside clients throughout a project. Within this role, there may be a requirement to travel both domestically and internationally.
The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Delivering projects
- Undertake quantitative and qualitative (often desk-based) research from a range of sources
- Set up stake holder interviews in support of client projects – via email and telephone calls
- Assist in developing interview guides and surveys
- Provide support in developing client deliverables (e.g. reports, including developing templates and writing introductory sections; PowerPoint presentations)
- Undertake data analysis in excel, using basic excel functions and pivot tables
- Support all business areas within OCO Global to develop PowerPoint presentations and provide other graphical information to contribute to client deliverables. Training will be provided if required in this area in the use of specific software packages
- Support in managing projects though developing project plans, risk registers and reporting templates
- Support in the set up and delivery of workshops for clients
- Winning business
- Support with developing bids for all business areas within OCO Global.
- Attend market engagement events
- Support with preparing for pitches and presentations
- Support to writing blogs and thought leadership pieces
- Fulfil the role of Bid Co-ordinator for all business areas within OCO Global. This is a key element of the role and training will be provided in this area if required
Degree ideally in finance, politics, business or economic related discipline or equivalent professional qualification in Business Studies, (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- 1 years’ experience in a consulting/research role, preferably in an international business, Trade and/or FDI context. Strong candidates with more general consulting backgrounds are welcomed.
- Experience of working with Economic Development Agencies, ideally Investment or Export Promotion Agencies, either at a local or national level or in an international development environment
- Report writing experience
- Strong analytical, data modelling and problem-solving skills, including experience of excel (pivot tables and basic formulae)
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Investigative mind-set and strong research skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Flexible to new situations and challenges
- Self starter and motivated
- Excellent Organizational and prioritization skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- All applicants must be eligible to work in Germany
- Fluent in German and English (written and verbal), additional languages are a plus
- Willingness to travel
- Fluent in another language
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of FDI and trade processes
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in the position please send a covering letter and CV in English outlining your suitability for the role and relevant certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15th 2021.