OCO’s London office has an opening for a Consulting Manager within its Consulting Services team. The jobholder will be expected to support the Consulting Director in successfully acquiring new business through both a structured tender approach in addition to pro-active selling and account management. Working in conjunction with a team of consultants and associates dispersed across a number of offices the job holder will be responsible for the quality delivery of a range of consulting projects.
The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Winning business
- Pro-actively identify and develop business development opportunities; translate these into tangible opportunities; and leading the capture process
- Leading the bid teams in the development of winning proposals as part of the process of bidding for work through public and private procurement processes.
- Build account/ service offer / specialism and drive the strategy and shape of this work across OCO geographies and LOBs
- Own and manage a consulting revenue target, and achieve agreed utilisation and project recovery targets
- Take commercial lead in bid development, ensuring that OCO’s commercial position is managed appropriately in individual projects, managing risk and escalating where necessary
- Contribute to OCO’s thought leadership, and lead the development of new/improved service offerings to clients
- Leading project delivery
- Lead large teams of consultants to ensure the inputs and outputs deliver the project scope according to plan, including quality assurance of deliverables.
- Develop and maintain effective client relationships, in support of projects (as well as business development). This will include liaison with Senior Executive and Officials.
- Ensure that flawless client delivery is the norm – successfully leading client engagements from inception through to completion on time and within budget.
- Manage resource allocation to maximize productivity and profitability
- Deliver presentations on OCO’s project outputs (including research and training materials) to Senior Executives and Officials
- Take commercial lead in projects, ensuring that OCO’s commercial position is managed appropriately in individual projects, managing risk and escalating where necessary
- Management and corporate contribution
- Lead the development and coaching of the Consulting team in support of our growing service offering
- Drive the improvement of Consulting team’s and OCO’s internal systems, processes and procedures to improve commercial and technical performance
- Responsible for the Line Management of Senior Consultants and Consultants in the consulting team, including target setting, feedback and professional development
- Take on management of strategic initiatives and projects within the company and LOB
- Regular travel may be required
Third level degree, ideally in finance, politics, business or economics related discipline. Other degree foundations will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate relevant commercial experience
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- 8 years’ experience in a consulting role, preferably in an international business, Trade and/or FDI context. Strong candidates with more general consulting backgrounds are welcomed.
- A demonstrable track record writing tenders and of pro-active business development
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Proven experience of relationship management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and management skills
- Experience line managing staff
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self starter and motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
- Willingness to travel
Fluency in another language is desirable but not essential
- Commercial Awareness
- Customer focus
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for the position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role and stipulating the location your a applying for, to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th January 2021
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer