OCO’s Dubai office currently has an opening for two Senior Consultants, on a 1 year fixed term contract basis. The successful candidates will be expected to support the Head of Consulting in the Middle East in leading new projects in the region, and in successfully acquiring new business through both a structured tender approach in addition to pro-active selling and account management. Working in conjunction with a team of consultants and associates dispersed across a number of offices the successful candidates will be responsible for the quality delivery of a range of consulting projects.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Manage large scale consulting projects, ensuring that flawless client delivery is the norm – successfully leading client engagements from inception through to completion on time and within budget.
- Manage and coordinate the inputs and outputs of the team to deliver scope according to plan, including quality assurance of deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships, in support of projects as well as business development opportunities. This will include liaison with Senior Executives and Officials.
- Deliver presentations on OCO’s research and training materials to Senior Executives and Officials
- Pro-actively identify and develop business development opportunities and translate these into tangible opportunities.
- Write well developed proposals as part of the process of bidding for work through public procurement processes.
- Own and manage a consulting revenue target and achieve agreed utilisation and project recovery targets
- Contribute towards developing and coaching the wider Consulting team in support of our growing service offering
- Contribute to OCO’s thought leadership
- Regular travel will be required
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree, ideally in finance, politics, business or economics related discipline. Other degree foundations will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate relevant commercial experience
- 5 years’ experience in a consulting/research role, preferably in an international business, Trade and/or FDI context. Strong candidates with more general consulting backgrounds are welcomed.
- A demonstrable track record writing tenders and of pro-active business development
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Proven experience of relationship management,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to a successful conclusion
- Strong business acumen with a commercial focus
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self-starter and motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Arabic language skills required
- Fluency in a European language(s) is desirable but not essential.
- Experience writing proposals/ bids for work is desirable but not essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 2nd October 2019.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer