OCO’s Dubai office currently has an opening for a Head of Consulting, Middle East, on a 1 year fixed term contract basis. The successful candidate will be expected to lead and direct OCO’s Consulting business in the Middle East, working with and reporting to OCO’s Director of Consulting, and OCO’s Director for the Middle East.
A key aspect of the role is the successful acquirement of new business through both a structured tender approach in addition to pro-active selling and account management. The business development element of the role will encompass both existing and new prospective clients, across all of OCO’s Middle Eastern markets, with a strong focus on UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Lebanon, and Jordan. They will also be expected to pro-actively develop relationships with senior decision-makers and stakeholders to positively influence policy and strategy.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for the quality delivery of a range of consulting projects in conjunction with a team of consultants and associates dispersed across a number of offices.
The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Overall Accountability for delivery of Consulting Projects in the Middle East, ensuring projects are delivered to the required quality and profitably
- Business development and relationship management of key clients and prospects
- Accountable for innovative and high quality outputs, that translate to tangible and impactful change for our clients, and which lead to high client satisfaction and repeat business
- Manage and provide leadership to a team of consultants and analysts. Foster a culture of collaborative working and knowledge share within the team. Manage resource allocation to maximize productivity and profitability
- Proactively spot opportunities to sell OCO’s broader service offer to Consulting clients, and work with the other Directors to deepen relationships with key clients
- Ensure that flawless client delivery is the norm – successfully leading client engagements from inception through to completion on time and within budget
- Leading OCO’s thought leadership and marketing efforts on OCO’s Consulting business in the Middle East, and presenting outputs to senior executives and officials
- Regular travel will be required
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree, ideally in finance, politics, business or economics related discipline. Other degree foundations will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate relevant commercial experience
- A minimum of 8 years in a consulting or senior commercial role, preferably in an international business, Trade and/or FDI context
- A demonstrable track record of successfully delivering against ambitious sales targets and or growing a line of business
- Proven experience of leading and managing a team, and working as part of a management team
- Significant recent experience in developing relationships with clients, stakeholders and influencers at a senior level;
- Commercially astute, entrepreneurial, naturally curious and well versed in the global business and economic climate
- Proven ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Evidence of core consulting skills of proposal writing/ securing work via tenders,
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrable experience of providing written reports and presenting to senior management
- Strong analytical, data modelling and problem solving skills
- Flexible to new situations and challenges.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and ability to plot a clear path forward where required
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Able to see opportunity not challenge
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Arabic Language Skills
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
Closing date for applications
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and resume in English outlining your suitability for the role, clearly stating the role you are applying for to; email@example.com by 02nd October 2019.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer