OCO Global has been at the centre of International Trade and Investment for almost 20 years. We advise on, develop and deliver solutions for the world’s leading governments, as well as the world’s most innovative companies, as they seek to either attract investors to their regions, or grow their businesses internationally. We count the national governments of UK, Japan and Hong Kong amongst our clients, as well as the leading US states of Florida, Ohio and Missouri, and many others
Headquartered in Belfast and with offices in London, Paris, Frankfurt, New York, Los Angeles, Dubai, Bogota and Tokyo, we employ a multinational and multilingual staff of over ~100 full time consultants specialising in Trade and Investment.
Evolving our business from FDI/Public Sector to Export/Market Entry/Private Sector has been a key strategic focus for the firm in the last 3 years. The US market is central to this and we see opportunities to work with both US and international agencies on export promotion as we have done in FDI, and to provide a range of export advisory and market entry solutions directly to companies
OCO is a flexible and agile firm and works within a variety of delivery models. As well as working directly with our own clients, we have also worked with leading professional services firms such as EY and PwC in the delivery of international projects and supported numerous private sector companies in the development and delivery of their global strategies.
The US Director will be expected to lead and direct OCO’s US business, where we see significant growth potential, and have full responsibility for the associated P&L. They will be expected to successfully acquire new business through both a structured tender approach in addition to pro-active selling and account management.
Cross-selling encompasses both sales to US and international clients that will be delivered by the US team, as well as originating sales with US clients that will be delivered elsewhere in the OCO network. This ‘dual-sales’ role, as well as responsibility for delivering client work in the US market makes this an ideal role for an ambitious and multi-skilled candidate
In addition, OCO is regarded as a thought leader in the International Trade and Investment industry, and the job holder will be expected to play a key role in maintaining and enhancing that reputation.
Under the management and direction of OCO’s Senior Management team the role will involve;
- Development of the strategic plan for OCO’s US business
- Responsibility for the P&L for the US operation including overall revenue and profit targets and management of all associated running costs;
- Lead business development activities including development of an annual sales and account management strategy;
- Development and execution of marketing strategy to continually increase awareness of the OCO brand
- Development of additional sales channels and partners through whom OCO can grow their business
- Ongoing development of OCO’s product and service proposition as we expand our business as above
- Ensure excellent quality assurance through the timely delivery of projects, to requisite standards and within budget;
- Responsible for day to day running of the operation including all local compliance issues and management of corporate service providers and sub-contractors;
- Leverage relationships with senior decision makers in major organisations to influence investment strategy
- Extend and strengthen OCO’s network with companies, industry associations, overseas investors, economic developers and associated stakeholders;
- Contribute to other corporate initiatives including the thought leadership agenda;
- Any other duties as required.
- A minimum of 10 years in a senior commercial role, preferably within a growing international business or global consulting firm
- A proven track record of successfully delivering against ambitious sales targets with experience in closing out deals;
- Significant recent experience in developing relationships with clients, stakeholders and influencers at a senior level;
- An understanding of FDI and Trade on a global scale and the business environment of the USA
- Proven successful client account management and project management experience;
- Recent experience of account planning and defining sales strategies for target markets, including experience generating leads;
- Clear motivation and personal commitment to meeting challenging targets with a demonstrable track record of achievement;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work efficiently and independently as part of a remote team towards shared goals;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including demonstrable experience of providing written reports and presenting to senior management;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- All applicants must have the right to live and work in the USA
- Experience working across global teams
- Experience of corporate finance / funding for international expansion
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send your CV and a covering letter outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 28th May
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer