The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of role
OCO has developed a business intelligence platform, Velociti, which uses machine learning and predictive analytics to score companies on their investment and trade potential. Our end users are economic development agencies and consulting firms. Velociti is a fast-growing product, we are continually adding new features and increasing the size of the database in order to stay ahead of a fast-moving industry.
The jobholder will work within OCO’s Velociti team with responsibility for increasing Velociti sales, building a strong pipeline of companies and Economic Development Organisations interested in the Velociti product and other OCO service offerings.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Responsibility for developing and implementing a sales plan for Velociti in the UK
- Responsibility for managing and coordinating Velociti’s overall sales activity globally
- Managing the ongoing development of the Velociti product, including the evaluation, selection and management of commercial partners
- Building the medium term business plan for Velociti
- Researching prospective clients / organisations through a variety of resources to identify new leads and potential new markets
- Communicate with decision makers to convert leads into sales
- Cross-selling different service offerings and geographical opportunities to existing OCO clients
- Engage in telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives
- Achieve agreed sales targets by actively challenging opportunities and leads
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
- Preparing presentations and pitches to potential new clients
- Develop quotes and proposals
- Work with the Operations team both at quotation and handover stage of new contracts
- Maintain long term relationships with existing clients
- Updating and inputting records of all contact made on the internal databases
- Regular travel will be required
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business Studies, (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in Business Development or sales role, preferably in an international business, Trade and/or FDI context
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets
- Proven experience of prospecting and winning new business
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven experience of delivering sales presentations to executives
- Experience of interacting with professionals at all levels and within various functions
- Experience of developing effective working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Strong Analytical and Research skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Willingness to travel
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of FDI processes
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter, CV and completed monitoring
form to email@example.com by 13th May 2019.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer