The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of role
The successful applicant will work within the Mintel Ireland team. The role will focus on increasing sales through identifying new opportunities, winning new projects and managing and maintaining strong relationships with existing Mintel clients.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management of the Director of Mintel Ireland, this role will assist and support the wider Mintel team to secure both new and repeat revenue. The role will involve;
- Account manage a portfolio of existing key accounts, identify upgrade opportunities and prospect for New Business Sales.
- Send Monthly and ‘Ad-hoc’ pro-active Mintel research content to key clients (including reports, innovations and trends)
- Deliver on-site presentations to clients and new business prospects – includes training sessions, upgrade sessions, new business pitches and as well as research presentations.
- Meet key activity, sales and profitability target
- Develop strategic plans for new business
- Travel across Ireland (North & South) essential (occasional overnight trips to London/UK)
- Work closely with production to ensure a quality product offering for clients
- The role will encompass some Marketing/PR activities
Third level degree in business/marketing or equivalent professional qualification in business (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 2 years experience in Business Development or sales role,
- Proven experience in Account/Client management
- Proven research experience
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets
- Proven experience of prospecting and winning new business
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Strong relationship management, negotiation and influencing skills
- Proven experience of delivering sales presentations to executives
- Experience of interacting with professionals at all levels and within various functions
- Experience of developing effective working relationships internally and externally
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Willingness to travel
- Experience within the Food or FMCG sector (other sectors including media or government also of relevance)
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15th July 2019.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer