Senior Trade & Investment Manager
The BCB is a business-to-business professional services company established with the mandate to provide operational support and market entry services in the UAE to British companies.
As part of OCO Global, we are one of the world’s leading companies in the fields of export & trade promotion, foreign investment attraction and economic consultancy work.
Our work includes supporting Middle East entities and providing local assistance to our global clients who are looking to grow their interests in the region through export promotion and investment attraction activities.
High quality candidates are being sought for the position of Senior Trade & Investment Manager, based in Dubai. This is a highly collaborative position for someone who can provide direction, experience and inspiration.
This individual will work with the CEO to manage the delivery of client services and performance of the BCB and OCO Middle East office as we continue to grow.
The ideal candidate comes with strong commercial skills, project management experience and the ability to engage with a diverse spectrum of clients, partners, and stakeholders in the UAE, Middle East and globally. This person must demonstrate great communication skills, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and often yet-to-be-built business setting.
This role is responsible for all operational aspects of the BCB and OCO in the UAE and will have a key role in outward business development and client management activities, particularly with regards to FDI promotion and consulting.
Business Acquisition: identify and develop commercial opportunities across the BCB & OCO service range in the Middle East both through individual activities and in coordination with team members around the world.
Lead Generation: direct client support & representation on FDI projects in the UAE and GCC; work with OCO team members on global clients for specific projects & contracts in the region.
Consulting: act as the primary local lead on growing & delivering OCO’s burgeoning Consulting arm in the Middle East.
Client Management: oversight of all BCB & OCO client relationships, ensuring efficient & quality project delivery across all elements of our business.
Relationship Management: managing communication & dialogue with our wide range of government and private sector partners in the region.
Team Management: responsibility for the Dubai team of seven local Project Managers & Consultants; dotted-line leadership roles on other global projects within the OCO network
Reporting & budgeting: management of reporting processes for input to management, clients, etc. Weekly calls with global peer group on project delivery.
Process Improvement & Product Development: as the we continue to evolve, look at ways to improve operational processes, reduce inefficiency & cost and improve client satisfaction & business performance. Explore and develop new services & revenue channels to market and deploy.
Systems Management: responsibility for maintenance, data quality & timeliness in core company reporting systems such as CRM & time recording module.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5-10 years’ experience within a leading professional services company or management consultancy firm
- Client-facing expertise with large multinationals, governments and high growth companies in a consulting or advisory capacity
- Minimum of 5 years working in the Middle East
- Demonstrable success working in the fields of export development, corporate services, company formation, FDI promotion or economic consultancy
- Experience working in a project planning and execution capacity
- Financial literacy. Previous work with budgets, reporting & accountancy functions.
- Staff management, leadership & mentoring experience with multiple reports
- Understanding of Middle East regulatory environment
- Extensive professional network in the Middle East
- Ability to build and nurture relationships across multiple networks
- Comfortable working in a fast-growing business where business environment is likely to be very dynamic and subject to rapid evolution
- Capacity to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities as they emerge.
- Strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organisational skills
- Discretion, demonstrating sound judgment in dealing with confidential dialogues and information
- Great communication and negotiation skills, bringing together different views, personalities, goals, and needs, and helping different stakeholders find business success and growth.
- Keen interest in international trade & economic development
Guidance for applicants
- Applications should be sent to email@example.com and must include a full CV and cover letter, including salary expectations
- Deadline for applications is 8th February 2019
- Target start date is late March 2019
- Salary & package is competitive but commensurate with an SME organisation
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer