Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The jobholder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role
Strategic global markets insights to facilitate international growth and expansion.
OCO Global’s Solutions division supports our clients with market and business intelligence for global trade and investment, combining a data-driven approach with first-hand insights.
Operating at the intersection of business and government, we bring clarity, transparency and intuition to industry-specific trade and investment environments in a rapidly changing and complex geopolitical landscape.
With foundations in local market and direct research and analysis, our multi-lingual teams also incorporate the latest in business intelligence technology bringing a complete approach to international growth, supporting our clients to execute market expansion with on-the-ground business development and digital marketing services.
As a core local partner and extension to your team, we take a hands-on approach to identify business opportunities, access new customers and develop strategic partnerships that lead to tangible results and growing revenues.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management and direction of the Middle East Director, the role will involve:
Delivering great work for our clients through high quality work, and research and analysis:
- Use operating experience and knowledge to structure and sequence methodologies and delivery approach of projects activities efficiently
- Responsible for communicating and explaining the quality standards expected from team and ensuring quality standards are met for all project outputs
- Identify and implement methods to ensure data sources and intelligence are of a high quality
Winning profitable work for the company through customer focus and commercial awareness:
- Contribute to written proposals and understand client requirements and issues
- Develop strong working relationships with clients
- Responsible for developing effective project plans that are aligned to the project budget, regularly reviewing project spend against budget and adjusting accordingly to ensure optimum value for project
- Develop opportunities to generate income through existing client relationships by upselling and cross selling OCO’s other services
Improve your knowledge and skills through effective communication, planning and organisation:
- Responsible for communicating project plans and deliverables to management and project team, ensuring each team member understands their roles and objectives
- Develop tactical plans for each project with budget and project deliverables in mind
- Responsible successfully managing multiple projects, with competing deadlines
Supporting your colleagues by leading, working as part of a global team and being flexible:
- Manage project team through changing priorities and challenges, clearly communicating and explaining changes and how it impacts on their tasks/role
- Briefs their project teams on the key areas/sectors in which to focus, explaining client expectations, project deliverables and timeframes
Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree, ideally in finance, politics, business or economics related discipline. Other degree foundations will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate relevant commercial experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a consulting/research role, preferably in an international development, Trade and/or FDI context. Strong candidates with more general consulting backgrounds are welcomed.
- Experience working in the MENA region (including GCC, Levant or North Africa)
- Experience of working with Investment Promotion Agencies, Export Promotion Agencies, Special Economic Zones or Government Ministries (such as Economic Development, Trade & Industry, or equivalent)
- A demonstrable track record writing tenders and of pro-active business development
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Proven experience of relationship management,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self starter and motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable
- Fluency in other languages is desirable but not required
Please send a covering letter, CV outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 26.11.23
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer