Purpose of role
Based in OCO’s Paris office the jobholder will work within OCO’s Lead Generation and Trade Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects. The role will involve running campaigns with Economic Development Organisations and governments to help attract business investment in key sectors. The role will also involve working with OCO’s private sector clients to support their international expansion strategies.
The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management of the Market Director the role will involve;
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a number of client contracts
- Identifying and contacting companies from relevant geographies who are planning cross-border investment (lead generation) to discuss expansion strategies and promote our clients locations
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Attendance at industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of intermediaries and multiplier
- Lead on client communication and relationship, ensure accurate and timely reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs as required
- Ensure profitability of all projects through internal resource planning (Production of Long-term Resourcing and Project Delivery Plan) and smart project execution to reach targets
- Manage Junior Project Managers and analysts to support delivery of projects
- Develop up-sell (expand existing business) and cross-sell (diversify services) opportunities with the aim to grow the account
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Conducting inward investment trends analysis
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required)
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years experience in economic development and/or international business development with a strong understanding of foreign direct investment and trade
- Proven experience and success in developing and positioning location and market entry solutions to leading companies
- A sound understanding of the key dynamics of at least 3 of the following sectors: Financial Services, Automotive, Aerospace, Life Sciences, ICT, Renewable Energy.
- Interest in international consultancy work and business attraction
- The right to live and work in the jurisdiction for which you are applying.
- Very strong communication and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Proven experience Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Fluent in French and English
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
- Fluent in another European language (Spanish, Italian) would be desirable
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of FDI processes
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and resume in English outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 12th September 2019.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer