The BCB is a business-to-business professional services company established with the mandate to provide operational support and market entry services in the UAE to British companies.
As part of OCO Global, we are one of the world’s leading companies in the fields of export & trade promotion, foreign investment attraction and economic consultancy work.
Our work includes supporting Middle East entities overseas and providing local on-the-ground assistance to our global clients who are looking to grow their interests in the region through our export promotion and investment attraction activities.
High quality candidates are being sought for the position of Administration & Project Support Assistant, based in Dubai.
This individual will work with the Business Operations Manager and the wider Trade & Project Management team to ensure seamless day-to-day running of the company’s operations in Dubai, maximum efficiency, on-budget delivery and that clients’ needs are met.
The ideal individual will have excellent organisational capabilities, be a clear & concise communicator and enjoy taking on new responsibilities.
This person will deliver all administrative requirements for the company in Dubai (in both its BCB and OCO Global work) and will have a key role in supporting the team’s commercial activities, primarily around research & outreach to target companies for trade & investment projects and subsequent data / system updates and reporting.
- Research & Outreach: working with the commercial team, identifying prospective target companies for engagement; subsequent outreach to identified decision makers
- Business Development support: talking to potential clients about our services through events/phone/email. Supporting Trade Managers in delivery of trade services and lead generation work.
- Reporting & budgeting: help collate & process data for reports as required. Collate information and report on delivery of Export Opportunities, Export Wins and Service Deliveries.
- Ad hoc projects: participation in virtual project teams working with overseas offices to provide additional capacity & support
- Database management: maintain client, business development, vendor databases, SharePoint and CRM-related programmes.
- Reporting & data entry: updating core systems (e.g. Salesforce) to track activity; data input & recording for client mandated reporting according to their respective needs
- Invoicing: ensure all clients are billed accurately & on time. Following up payments and keeping track of company finances, working closely with appointed accountants.
- Administration: responsible for ensuring seamless day-to-day operations of the BCB and OCO office. Work with the OCO Global office in Belfast in regards to company administration and alignment functions.
- Website management: maintain the BCB website by adding client and partner information as needed and responding to enquiries posted to the website.
- P.A. responsibilities: provide secretarial support to CEO and Business Operations Manager.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Faultless English communication skills (written & verbal)
- 5-10+ years experience in a similar administrative role or support role
- Minimum of 5 years working in the UAE.
- Experience working in the fields of economic development, company formation, business centres, business councils & networks or trade support offices.
- Financial literacy. Previous work within budgets, reporting & accountancy functions.
- Computer literacy. Ability to work in all MS Office programmes, particularly Excel
- Comfortable working in small and fast-growing business environment that is likely to be very dynamic and subject to rapid evolution.
- Capacity to multi-task and take on additional responsibilities as they emerge
- Passion for client satisfaction
- Strong analytical skills and exemplary time management/organisational skills.
- Keen interest in international trade.
To apply, please send your CV, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th April 2019.