Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The jobholder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role
The jobholder will work within OCO’s Investment Attraction Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects under the supervision of the Project Manager/Director. The role will involve running campaigns with Economic Development Organisations and Governments to help attract business investment in key sectors.
Key responsibilities of the role
Under the management of the Project Manager/Project Director this role will involve:
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to several client contracts under supervision of Project Manager / Director (mainly representation and lead generation contracts)
- Identifying and contacting companies from relevant geographies who are planning cross-border investment to discuss expansion strategies
- Conducting telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Supporting PM with attendance at industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of intermediaries and multipliers
- Leading on day-to-day client communication and developing relationships
- Supporting PM with accurate and timely reporting to the client’s expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs as required
- Ensuring profitability of all projects through smart project execution to reach targets
- Seeking support from analysts to effective delivery of projects
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Conducting inward investment trends analysis
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics, Geography (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
- Experience in economic development and/or international business development with a strong understanding of foreign direct investment
- Proven experience and success in developing and positioning location solutions to leading companies
- Interest in international business attraction work
- Very strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Proven track record of working to deadlines and achieving targets
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Ambitious and assertive personality willing to take initiative with a positive attitude
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- The right to live and work in the jurisdiction for which you are applying
- Fluent in other European languages
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of FDI processes
- Customer focus
- Commercial awareness
- Analysis and Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning & Organisation
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- 22 days paid annual leave rising 25 days
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Health Care
- Flexible working
- Working as part of an international team
- Opportunity to travel
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the attached monitoring form and send it with a covering letter and CV outlining your suitability for the role to by 31st October 2022.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer