Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The jobholder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role
The successful candidate will work as a key member of the OCO corporate services team based in Belfast, supporting our international offices on tenders, proposals and business development. This role will play a critical part in our ambitious growth journey and will offer great variety and development for the successful candidate.
The role will be responsible for the management of key bids across the business as well as managing the bid library and continually enhancing and updating content that will support business development. This exciting role will require strong organisation skills, team and project management, excellent written skills and a commercial understanding. It will also involve instilling the bid management process to foster a consistent approach across the business to concentrate on the priority opportunities and maximise our conversion rates. The objectives of the role will be to win and to enable the winning of new projects and to professionalise content management across the business.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Bid Management – Implement a best in class process for bid management
- Manage the bid qualification process for new opportunities
- Manage virtual bid teams and inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from lines of business, markets, finance, technical, marketing, legal and delivery
- Managing the bid process for large bids in order to meet all timelines and requirements
- Contributing to the written proposal – both in terms of content and presentation
- Manage the OCO bid library to ensure it is current and continually enhanced
- Prepare High-Quality Templates for proposals and best-in-class content for core elements of bids
- Engage with international teams and marketing to capture and develop case studies and to enhance experience statements
- Provide feedback from bid evaluations to improve our responses and prioritise areas for development
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics, Geography (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
- At least 4 years’ experience in international business development / consultancy / bid management
- Demonstrable bid management and / or project management experience
- Proven experience managing dispersed teams and multiple projects
- Interest in international consultancy work
- Very strong communication, operational and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of exporting and international development
- Commercial awareness
- Customer focus
- Analysis and Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning & Organisation
What we offer
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- 22 days paid annual leave rising 25 days
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Health Care
- Flexible working
- Working as part of an international team
- Opportunity to travel
To apply for the role please complete the attached monitoring form and send a covering letter, and CV outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th August 2022.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer