Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The jobholder/s will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are: Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role:
OCO’s Dubai office is looking for an experienced Consultant with Business Development experience. The jobholder will be expected to support the Head of Consulting in the Middle East in leading new projects in the region, and in successfully acquiring new business through both a structured tender approach in addition to pro-active selling and account management. Working in conjunction with a team of consultants and associates dispersed across a number of offices the job holder will be responsible for the quality delivery of a range of consulting projects.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Under the management and direction of the Head of Consulting, Middle East, the role will involve:
- Manage large scale consulting projects, ensuring that flawless client delivery is the norm – successfully leading client engagements from inception through to completion on time and within budget.
- Manage and coordinate the inputs and outputs of the team to deliver scope according to plan, including quality assurance of deliverables.
- Developing and maintaining effective client relationships, in support of projects as well as business development opportunities. This will include liaison with Senior Executives and Officials.
- Deliver presentations on OCO’s research and training materials to Senior Executives and Officials
- Pro-actively identify and develop business development opportunities and translate these into tangible opportunities.
- Write well developed proposals as part of the process of bidding for work through public procurement processes.
- Own and manage a consulting revenue target and achieve agreed utilisation and project recovery targets
- Contribute towards developing and coaching the wider Consulting team in support of our growing service offering
- Contribute to OCO’s thought leadership
- Regular travel will be required
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree, ideally in finance, politics, business or economics related discipline. Other degree foundations will be considered if the candidate can demonstrate relevant commercial experience
- At least 5 years’ experience in a consulting/research role, preferably in an international development, Trade and/or FDI context. Strong candidates with more general consulting backgrounds are welcomed.
- Experience working in the MENA region (including GCC, Levant or North Africa)
- Experience of working with Investment Promotion Agencies, Export Promotion Agencies, Special Economic Zones or Government Ministries (such as Economic Development, Trade & Industry, or equivalent)
- A demonstrable track record writing tenders and of pro-active business development
- Ability to think creatively and propose innovative solutions
- Proven experience of relationship management,
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Proven ability to prioritise workload under pressure to successful conclusion
- Strong business acumen with commercial focus
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills
- Self starter and motivated
- Proficiency in Microsoft office programs, particularly Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English required
- Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
- Fluency in Arabic is highly desirable
- Fluency in other languages is desirable but not required
Please send a covering letter, and CV outlining your suitability for the role to email@example.com by 28th March 2022
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer