Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
The job holder will be expected to work in line with OCO’s values which are; Excellence, Courage, Creativity, Commerciality, Collegiate Behaviour and Our Talent.
Purpose of the role:
OCO Global is a leading authority on foreign investment and offers a range of economic development services, products and unique company assessment tools. With headquarters in Belfast and offices in Dublin, London, Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, New York, Dubai, Shanghai and Tokyo, we employ a multinational and multilingual staff of over 140 full time consultants specializing in Trade and Investment.
OCO Global France currently has an opening for an experienced FDI Project Manager based in Paris or Aix en Provence. The jobholder will work within OCO’s Invest/Lead Generation Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects. The purpose of this role is to assist economic development agencies who are seeking to attract companies in different key sectors into their region. The role will also involve working with OCO’s private sector clients to support their international expansion strategies.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a
number of client contracts (mainly representation and lead generation Invest contracts).
- Identifying and contacting companies from different geographies (mainly France) who are planning cross-border investment to discuss expansion strategies and promote our clients locations.
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives. Follow up meetings as appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining a network of relevant intermediaries & multipiers.
- Attendance of relevant industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies.
- Ensure accurate reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs.
- Lead on client communication and develop relationship to potentially grow the account
- Ensure profitability of all projects through internal resource planning and smart project execution to reach targets
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Contribution to thought leadership (e.g. through conducting inward investment trends analysis)
- Any other duties as required
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification (Master, Grados, Bachelor) in Business, Economics, Modern Languages, Geography or related (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
- 5 years of experience in economic development and/or international business development
- Strong understanding of international economics, foreign direct investment and trade
- Proven experience in Lead Generation and outreach
- Track record of managing project teams and client relationships
- Strong organisational skills to oversee multiple contracts and ensure project delivery
- Excellent research and analytical skills, ability to locate key sources of information
- Proven people management and interpersonal skills, excellent communication and networking skills
- Proven experience of identifying and contributing to new business opportunities
- Displays initiative in taking greater responsibility without being asked
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- French native speaker and fluent English both written and spoken, ideally another language (Italian or Spanish)
- The right to work in France
- Optional: Knowledge and experience with the US, Middle East or Asia market would be beneficial
- Customer focus
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
What we offer:
- Outstanding career opportunities through individual mentoring and coaching, challenging & complex projects and strong OCO network
- Permanent work contract with competitive commission scheme, Tickets restaurants
- Flexible working and possibility to work from home
- OCO Women’s Network: Targeted promotion of female specialists
- Mentoring: Personal mentors, career support and advice
- Flat hierarchies & working as part of an international team
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a covering letter and CV outlining your experience and suitability for the role in French to: email@example.com by 31st May 2022
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer