Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
OCO’s Ireland team currently has an opening for experienced International Trade Advisor – Project Manager. The successful candidate will work as part of OCO Ireland’s trade team and will be responsible for supporting Small and mid-size companies with internationalisation. The jobholder will be responsible for managing individual client engagements as well as managing overall trade programmes with Economic Development Organisations (EDOs). This varied and exciting role will involve supporting companies with a range of services including market research, go-to market strategy, distributor search, value proposition development, customer targeting and business development, as well as local network development.
Typically, this role will involve supporting international companies into the UK and Europe, so having strong local networks and business understanding is critical. In addition, any international market experience is beneficial as you provide valuable advisory to companies looking at exporting overseas.
In addition, the main sectors we work with include food, technology, manufacturing and healthcare/life sciences, so experience in any of these sectors is also of interest.
Key responsibilities of the role:
Under the management of the Head of Trade Services, the role will involve;
- Delivery of individual projects for small and medium-sized businesses seeking support with understanding market opportunities, tailoring their strategy and proposition for the market, and outreaching to new prospective clients and partners on their behalf
- Project management of EDO trade programmes ensuring profitable delivery and high client satisfaction
- Delivering individual and group trade missions
- Identifying and contacting senior executives on behalf of companies
- Upselling, cross selling and finding new opportunities for OCO with EDOs and private sector SMEs
- Consistently building out a network of relevant industry contacts and multipliers
- Thought leadership on industry trends and international trade
- Clear communication with clients and timely reporting
- Creating business development opportunities and writing / contributing to proposals
- Travel as required
- Any other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics, Geography (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
- At least 5 years’ experience in international trade / business development and / or economic development
- Demonstrable commercial experience in one or more of the industries and markets listed above
- Experienced in developing exporting / market entry strategies for SMEs
- Proven experience in meeting and exceeding targets
- Very strong communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Right to work in Ireland and UK
- Fluent in other European languages
- Strong industry expertise and networks
- Understanding of internationalisation
- Commercial Awareness
- Analysis & Research
- Quality of Work
- Planning / Organisation
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send a short covering letter and resume in English to email@example.com by 15th May 2022.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer