Here at OCO we’ve been working at the heart of Trade and Investment for 20 years. Whether its leading agencies such as DIT, JETRO, Invest Hong Kong, partnering with the world’s most high profile consulting firms, or working with companies directly, OCO supports its clients in building and executing successful plans to attract international investment and grow businesses in new markets.
With presence in the key commercial centres in Europe, Asia, America and the Middle East, we employ a multi-national and multi-lingual team dedicated to delivering success.
Purpose of role
OCO’s London office currently has an opening for an experienced Project Manager. The successful candidate will work within OCO’s Lead Generation and Trade Division and will be responsible for the project management and the successful delivery of various client projects. The purpose of this role is to assist economic development agencies who are seeking to attract companies in different key sectors into their region and companies who are looking to export products into new markets. The role will also involve working with OCO’s private sector clients to support their international expansion strategies.
Key responsibilities of the role
- Project management and successful service delivery against targets and timeline in relation to a number of client contracts (mainly representation and lead generation contracts)
- Identifying and contacting companies from different geographies who are planning cross-border investment to discuss expansion strategies
- Telephone and face to face meetings with senior level executives providing specific location solutions and sector propositions. Follow up meetings as appropriate
- Support trade requests for market assessment, agent and distribution partner searches, and customer identification as well as consulting projects in FDI and Trade
- Attendance of relevant industry events to expand networks and identify investing companies
- Developing and maintaining a network of relevant intermediaries and multipliers
- Lead on day-to-day client communication and develop relationship to potentially grow the account
- Ensure accurate reporting to the clients expected standards and input to internal and client CRMs
- Assisting with business development opportunities and contributing to proposals as required
- Contribution to thought leadership (e.g. through conducting inward investment trends analysis)
- Any other duties as required.
- Third level degree or equivalent professional qualification in Business, Economics, Geography
- (other disciplines will be considered where candidates can demonstrate core skills required).
- 2 years of experience in economic development and/or international business development
- Proven experience in Project Management
- Proven experience in Lead Generation and outreach
- Proven track record of achieving/exceeding targets
- Excellent networking skills
- Strong understanding of international economics, foreign direct investment and trade
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent research and analytical skills, ability to locate key sources of information
- Displays initiative in taking greater responsibility without being asked
- Flexible attitude and willingness to undertake travel on a regular basis
- Right to work in UK
- Fluent in at least one other language
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- Understanding of Foreign Direct Investment and Trade environment
What we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- 22 days paid annual leave rising 25 days
- Pension Scheme
- Life assurance
- Private Health Care
- Flexible working
- Working as part of an international team
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a covering letter and resume outlining your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd November 2021.
OCO Global is an Equal Opportunities Employer